June 22, 2011

My Children in Heaven

Last night I was reading part of this book called Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back. It’s fascinating and a quick read. Anyway, there is this one part where Colton (the little boy) walks up to his mom and says “I have two sisters.” He goes on to tell her that one died in her tummy (true), and he met her while he was in Heaven.

It made me cry. I cried with relief, I guess, knowing that my husband and I have two children in Heaven that the Father has adopted and are waiting anxiously for us. I better quit thinking about it or I’ll get weepy again. I am at work, after all.

I had trouble sleeping as a result (though it could have been the Mexican food too).

I do recommend this book. It is beautiful and innocent. Not the best-edited book I've ever read, since it was written by the boy's father, but still fascinating reading and very thought-provoking.