May 14, 2011

Pray or Accept?

That's what is on my mind this morning - from the time I woke up, I have been turning this over in my mind. When do you pray for a miracle, and when do you accept your situation? But then, I remember all the women in the Bible who begged, pleaded, cried out, and prayed for a change and eventually got it.

Meanwhile, my breasts have been tender, my lower back has been aching a bit, I'm having crazy dreams, and I've been more tired than usual for a couple of weeks. Ah, hormones - life would be so boring without them!

Cried this morning after reading my daily devotional email (from www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com):




REMEMBRANCE
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast...
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!"
ISAIAH 49:15

FROM THE FATHER'S HEART
My child, how could I ever forget who you are? I have engraved your name on the palm of My hand; I have sealed it in My heart and in the book of life. I created you, and I know every path you've ever taken, every decision you've ever made, every word you've ever thought or spoken. I remember the names of all My children. I will never forget any of them, for they are all special to Me.
A GRATEFUL RESPONSE
Like a mother tenderly nursing her baby, You have nurtured me, Lord. You've guided my steps, overlooked my mistakes, encouraged my efforts, and praised my achievements. You forgive and forget my sins, but You never forget me. Thank You, Lord.
SIMPLE TRUTH
Always remember: The Lord never forgets.